Project HIstorical CAstle ParkS (HICAPS) is an international project aimed at strengthening the capacities of the public and private sectors for the use of cultural heritage and resources achieved through transnational cooperation between partner countries. The project is directed towards developing the common guidelines and tools for supporting consensus building process among public and private sector on improving the quality and effectiveness in process of evaluation and use of cultural heritage as resources for local/regional development and to raise awareness amongst schools and citizens about our historical past, reflecting through historical parks.
Also, during the project, an international strategy for assessing cultural heritage and the potential of historic parks will be developed, focusing on the technical, organizational and financial aspects of managing cultural areas. The aim is therefore to improve benefits for the citizens and for the public administrations involved, in a way to empower local and regional authorities with efficient planning and investment tools, while partner organizations will develop and adopt specific local action plans for further development and revitalization of historic heritage.
HICAPS is strongly based on a joint implementation and management strategy and is of great added interest to the broader public because it concerns directly millions of inhabitants in all Central Europe. The diversity of the partners experience will provide a transnational added value supporting a wide diffusion of the project results in many other Central Europe regions.
The HICAPS project finances the European Union funding program Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE.
Timetable of the project: 01/6/2017 – 31/5/2020.
- Municipality of Velenje (Slovenia)
- Scientific research centre Bistra Ptuj (Slovenia)
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Architecture (Slovenia)
- Villa Ghigi Foundation (Italy)
- Kujawsko-Pomorski e Voivodeship (Poland)
- Association for promotion of informal education, critical thinking and philosophy in practice “Petit Philosophy” (Croatia)
- City/Municipality of Varaždin (Croatia)
- Municipality of Bedekovcina (Croatia)
- Municipality of Ferrara (Italy)
- Rzeszow Regional Development Agency joint-stock company (Poland)
Timetable of the project:
01/6/2017 – 31/5/2020.
Project HICAPS is funded by the European funding programme Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE.
Facebook: HICAPS – Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE