European Social Initiative of Support to Minorities through Media Activism
Aims of the project:
- SISUMMA project aims to empower young Europeans as engaged citizens trough a cross-cultural educational programme and media literacy training to challenge discrimination against minorities. Through their own audiovisual creations, participants will become media activists that will disseminate positive narratives to fight for equal rights and against hate speech. Young citizens will become part of a trans-European net that will stand for multicultural coexistence and against minorities’ discrimination, networking to defend minorities’ rights.
- Pursuant to the general objective of contributing to citizens’ participation in the EU policy-making process in the fields of diversity and multicultural coexistence within an inclusive Europe by stimulating the creation of practical solutions, the projects specific objectives are:
- To sensitize youths on diversity and multicultural coexistence, fostering trans-national debate among European youths from different countries and minorities, generating mutual understanding and common strategies to fight discrimination.
- To empower young Europeans to be active and critical citizens through media literacy so that they become independent agents of communication that will denounce hate speech against minorities and vulnerable communities and create alternative narratives that stand for tolerance and cross-cultural dialogue.
- To create a trans-European network of youths and sociopolitical actors that stand for equal rights of minorities such as immigrants and refugees, discussing and disseminating practical solutions that will ultimately provide a strong voice for the implementation of European and national policies to guarantee inclusive societies.
Main project activities:
ACTION 0- PREPARATORY ACTIVITIES AND MULTICULTURAL COEXISTANCE (1.10.-31.10.2016.)
ACTION 1.1- TRAINING PROGRAM ON EUROPEAN CITIZENSHIP, MINORITIES AND MULTICULTURAL COEXISTANCE (01/11/2016 – 31/01/2018)
ACTION 1.2. AWARENESS ACTIVITIES ON EUROPEAN CITIZENSHIP, MINORITIES AND MULTICULTURAL COEXISTANCE (1.11.2016.-01.01.2018.)
ACTION 2- MEDIA LITERACY AND MEDIA ACTIVISM WORKSHOPS (1.1.2017.-1.8.2017.).
ACTION 3- CITIZENS’ DEBATES / ANALYSIS AND DISCUSSION GROUPS (1/06/2017-30/09/2017).
ACTION 4- MEDIA ACTIVISM PRODUCTION OF AUDIOVISUAL MATERIALS (01/09/2017-31/01/2018)
ACTION 5- ENSUMMA EUROPEAN NET FOR A MULTICULTURAL COEXISTENCE (1/02/2017-1/03/2018)
Minorities, policy makers, young people
FUNDACION EUROARABE DE ALTOS ESTUDIOS, Granada, Spain
- Südwind Agentur, Wien, Austria
- Udruga za poticanje neformalnog obrazovanja, kritičkog mišljenja i filozofije u praksi “Mala filozofija”, Zadar, Croatia
- Nadacia otvorenej spolocnosti – Open Society Foundation, Bratislava Slovakia
- Mittetulunduslik Peipsi Koostoo Keskus, Tartu, Estonia
Timetable of the project:
01/10/2016 – 31/3/2018.
– Bruno Ćurko,
Info about project:
SISUMMA isfundedbythe European Commission throughtheprogramme “Europe withitscitizens”by