Ethical education in primary and pre-primary schools for a sustainable and dialogic future
The current crisis has shown that the problems and challenges in Europe are not only economic or political, cut also cultural and ethical. Research has shown that education in childhood is the most important phase as a basis for a healthy development of a person. An important part of that education is exactly ethical education and critical thinking that havea key role in forming of ethically adult persons. For these reasons, e European project ETHOS was started, with a goal to introduce ethical education in kindergartens and primary schools. The project includes seven European countries and its duration is two years. Petit philosophy is a partner in the project, and is responsible for making of creative workshops, educational materials, and tools. In the first phase of the project, a research on the user group was made, and five topics were chosen (respect, tolerance, responsibility, moral values and friendship) that are going to be worked on in the form of creative workshops for these work groups: 3-5, 5-7, 7-9, 9-11, 12-15 years.
On the webpage of the ETHIKA project you can download the educational materials, methodical instructions, and other useful information created in this project.
The project is funded by the European Comission (LLP, Comenius)
The project is co-funded by Croatian Office for Cooperation with NGOs, and The Zadar County
Project Number: 527134- LLP 2012-SI-COMENIUS-CMP (Project funded by the European Comission, Comenius Programme).
PARTNERS IN THE PROJECT:
- Teološka fakulteta Ljubljana (Teof): Slovenia
- Osnovna šola Šmartno v Tuhinju (OŠŠ): Slovenia
- Amitié (Amitie), Italy
- Friedrich – Alexsander- Universität Erlangen- Nürenberg (FAU ILI), Germany
- Inova 4T Tuzla (Inova 4T), Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Petit philosophy (»Mala filozofija«):, Croatia
- Kirchliche Pädagogische Hochschule Graz, Austria
- Scienter (Scienter), Spain
- OŠ „Zadarski otoci“, Zadar
- OŠ Stjepana Radića, Bibinje OŠ Šime Budinića, Zadar
- OŠ Petra Zoranića, Nin
- Dječji vrtić Žuto pače, Zadar